Monday, March 9, 2015

Interview

I interviewed Amy Hitt for this project. She has a past dealing with public relations and is now teaching public relations at Northern Arizona University. As I said Amy does have a past with public relations; She worked for a man running for congress as his media coordinator, marketing for a television as a news promotor, currently teaches public relations at Northern Arizona University and currently owns a communication business as well. Amy listed the different types of writing one might experience while in the field. Amy Hitt listed the most important first, "News releases, research responses, public relations plans, letters, emails, articles, and social media." One thing I noticed about all of these writing styles are that they all have a target audience. As I stated in my hypothesis that public relations is usually trying to be objective while slightly being persuasive is true. The next question asked about the main characteristics of writing in public relations. Amy shared that they usually write like a journalist or story like but with facts. They use visuals and flowery writing as well. The third question I asked her was, what does good writing in public relations look like. Amy responded with, "associated press style citing, clarity on the target and on the public, and honesty. In my hypothesis I thought this career path used APA instead of AP so my hypothesis was incorrect. Next I asked her who her favorite person is in public relations was. She thought for a second and then said Richard Branson. She then explained how he is not in public relations but the company that he owns, Virgin, has great public relations especially with social media and television. My next question asked what amy's favorite part of public relations was. She enthusiastically answered, "Videos! the shooting and the editing are fun." She then explained how now there are more technological ways to get public announcements out besides writing to newspapers and the enjoys them much more. My follow up question to that was, what is the worst part of public relations. She answered with dealing with complains and AP style. She has a large background with public relations and was a great interview.

Received Mar 20 2015 from https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2337672624/bwmed5bhf6swngauab3w.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment