Friday, March 20, 2015

Conclusion

My conclusion from this project is that I learned about not only english but more about my future career tactics. Many of my hypothesis guesses were wrong as I found out from my research. My first hypothesis thought that public relations was someone contacting the public as well as other companies on the behalf of the company they work for. This hypothesis was true. My job does entail all of those aspects. My second hypothesis stated the types of writing in my field would be tweets, blogs, and emails. This one again I was correct on. I knew they did those three but I was surprised by how many other types of writing there were. The citation format for public relations is AP but while doing online research I have come to the conclusion that AP does not cover all types of citation but APA is commonly the fallback for a citation. The results from my interview with Amy Hitt and my textual analysis had both similarities and differences. One difference is when Amy stated that she does use many text effects while in the article I read it had not a trace of text effects. One similarity is that both Amy and Jonathan used a strong sense of rhetoric. Both of them used all three ethos, logos, and pathos in their writing. The most interesting part of this project was interviewing Amy Hitt, my public relations professor. She was able to answer all of questions with not just one answer but many making it easier to write about the interview. The most important lesson she taught me was to stay up to date with technology because soon enough it will all be done over the internet. She said we have to learn how to connect with others and many ways over the computer. I can use this information i learned from this project by using AP style as much as I can to make sure I get good at that style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment